CISA team members collaborate with local and regional stakeholders to assess specific needs and produce tailored information, tools, and resources to support climate-related decision making in the Carolinas.
Our work centers on four components of adaptive capacity:
- Advancing understanding of climate processes and impacts in the Carolinas
- Providing decision support services
- Fostering adaptation and implementation in the region
- Supporting and fostering climate information networks
These approaches are described on the project pages followed by research and projects that demonstrate CISA’s efforts. All of CISA’s projects contain components of each of these methods to ensure a comprehensive approach to increased adaptive capacity in the region.
This project list is not exhaustive but serves as a sample of the type of work CISA conducts. Links to samples of journal articles and presentations are also included. Additional resources can be found in the CISA's Annual Reports.
Current Project Themes
- Advancing Climate Understanding
- Decision Support Services
- Fostering Adaptation
- Support for Climate Information Networks