Carolinas Integrated Sciences & Assessments
The Carolinas Integrated Sciences & Assessments (CISA) team conducts applied research in North Carolina and South Carolina that incorporates climate information into water, health and coastal management and decision making.
- advance scientific understanding of climate processes and impacts in the Carolinas
- provide decision support through the development of targeted and tailored information
- advance climate adaptation in the region
- support and foster climate information networks
Learn more about our work on the Projects page.
CISA has established long-term partnerships and collaboration with researchers at other universities, federal, state, and local government agencies, NGO's, and the private sector. Working together enables us to leverage expertise and build robust and coordinated efforts around climate research and decision support activities. View our list of partners.
CISA Mission Statement
The CISA team creates, tailors, and integrates climate information to advance equitable planning and management approaches to support healthy and resilient communities and environments for all in the Carolinas.
- Support inclusive participation
- Create opportunities for all voices to be heard and included in decision-making
- Partner with others to address issues which disproportionately impact marginalized, underserved, and under-resourced communities
- Make climate information accessible to all
CISA and NC State Climate Office Release Drought Communications Project Report
CISA partnered with the State Climate Office of North Carolina on a project to increase the transparency and effectiveness of drought communications. Access a summary of project findings here.
New Project Materials for the CoCoRaHS Condition Monitoring Program
The CISA team recently released final project materials for the CoCoRaHS Citizen Science Condition Monitoring Program. Learn more about the project and access the two new story maps and final project report here.