Carolinas Integrated Sciences & Assessments
The Carolinas Integrated Sciences & Assessments (CISA) team conducts applied research in North Carolina and South Carolina that incorporates climate information into water, health and coastal management and decision making.
- advance scientific understanding of climate processes and impacts in the Carolinas
- provide decision support through the development of targeted and tailored information
- advance climate adaptation in the region
- support and foster climate information networks
Learn more about our work on the Projects page.
CISA has established long-term partnerships and collaboration with researchers at other universities, federal, state, and local government agencies, NGO's, and the private sector. Working together enables us to leverage expertise and build robust and coordinated efforts around climate research and decision support activities. View our list of partners.
CISA Mission Statement
The CISA team creates, tailors, and integrates climate information to advance equitable planning and management approaches to support healthy and resilient communities and environments for all in the Carolinas.
- Support inclusive participation
- Create opportunities for all voices to be heard and included in decision-making
- Partner with others to address issues which disproportionately impact marginalized, underserved, and under-resourced communities
- Make climate information accessible to all
2022 Climate Connections Workshops
In collaboration with the SC State Climatology Office, CISA will host a workshop series about integrating climate into planning later this spring. Learn more and register.
2021 CCRC Final Report
The final report for the 2021 Carolinas Climate Resilience Conference is now available. The report details the unique features of this hybrid event and summarizes evaluation results.